Thursday, April 21, 2005

Pirates 4 Reds 2

A win, but not much positive. I didn't see or hear any of the game today (no telecast and I was in class) so I can only go off what I read.

A certain someone decided that the best place for Jack "Under the Mendoza Line" Wilson wouldn't be down in the order, but instead lead-off. He responded with an 0-for-4 and is hitless in his last 15 or so bats (or some similarly ridiculous number). It seemed to me that the only thing Matt Lawton was doing well this year was bat leadoff, but Lloyd disagreed.

After starting Bobby Hill for 2 straight nights and being rewarded with solid to spectacular defensive play and actual hits, the Pig returned to third today and went 1 for 4. He did have an RBI but it was on a groundout and those shouldn't even count.

Kip Wells threw 104 pitches in 5 innings. Does anyone honestly think he has any future at all in Pittsburgh. I can't wait till we trade him for someone that won't produce and watch him blossom into an ace somewhere.

Wait, can this be right? We tried a suicide squeeze with David Ross at the plate? And it worked? Wow.

As you can tell, the win today didn't really make me a whole lot more positive, but how can you be excited with all the stupidity that surrounds this team? Even a blind squirrell finds a nut every once in a while.

ESPN summary here